Monday, December 26, 2011

12/25/11

For full story, read the christmas blog here. I do have some stories that I didn't include there though. Because we host Christmas at our house for family, we were told to clean up. But then tomarrow we're having mom's college friends over and we don't need to clean up for them. Ok, so we need to make the house look nice for our family who must accept us unconditionally but we're not caring for the friends that can get away with it. I asked mom if I had it right and she said in a sarcastic manner "yes." Since my cousin who came over is a girl I asked her if she understood and she said no.

I also was mislead by my yahoo portal. I rely on yahoo for interesting news and fox news for real stuff. But anyway, I clicked on an article that said "Is high-octane worth the premium?" For those that aren't familiar with yahoo, when you hover over a thumb nail, you get a brief description of the article, and this one read "A lot of people don't understand what "high octane" means and whether it's a smart buy." With a description like that I was expecting a yahoo science article on the science behind octane. Well imagine my anoyance when I clicked on it and read about how "combining trips saves gas, and everyone else thinks they're special when driving their SUV, and other crap" that isn't about the octane number. They had a small paragraph about octane but all it said was "octane is just how much you can compress it" of which I could have just found on wikipedia. Not even sure if that's right because there were a lot of comments saying that's wrong. This is almost as bad as this article about "the new boyscout ad" but spent the majority of the time bashing boyscouts.

Another interesting thing is what happened to my brother and his new game. We thought it was a new game so at the time I made this post on google plus, but not facebook because they're lame.
"OK, so my brother got fall out new vegas for christmas. It was brand new factory sealed, never been opened new. Inside the case on the disk tray was a disk for fable 3. He poped that in to see if it was actually fable 3. If it wasn't, gold mine. Flaws like mislabled disks are increadibly rare. But it was actually fable 3. Oh well, he's gonna go return it."
Upon further inspection, we came to the conclusion that it's a used game from best buy and they must seal their used games. We also don't have the resete but from what we've heard fable 3 is a good game. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment