Friday, August 29, 2014

8/29/14

Today was move in day. My dad and I left the house at 6:30 this morning. We drove 2 hours to my dorm. I had to wait a little to check in because they didn't let me check in till 9AM, and we got there about 8:40. We then unloaded my stuff onto the curb to take up to my room once I could check in. We dumped my stuff into my room and set-up the carpet. We laid the carpet and then assembled the futon. Unfortunately we put the wrong parts on the side, so the back was on the seat area and the seat was on the back area. Woops. We had to take it apart and put it back together again. Oh well. We were able to assemble it. We unpacked some stuff. My mom and grandparents gut up around 10AM and we unloaded what they brought up.

After some off loading and unpacking, we went to lunch at the dinning hall since it's supplied by the hall for the people that helped move you in. My parents had to leave at 1 because they had to get the rental car back before 4PM. My grandparents hung around a little while longer. We went to the book store to see if my grandma could get a grandma shirt because now they only wear "grandson college apparel." Unfortunately she wasn't able to find a specific "grandma" shirt. Oh well.

Soon after that they left. I unpacked some stuff made my dorm a little more liveable. Since I'm in a single dorm I don't have to worry about a roommate and what he wants. I might give a room tour. This year instead of bringing my OUYA and other SNES, I brought my OUYA and other PS2. Got those hooked up. Still have a little setting up to do at my desk.

There's one last thing that's kind of been irking me. I have a small dry erase white board that I use to write myself reminders. I normally hang it on the wall with command hooks. I might have one bad strip and it falls off, but normally they stay all year long. Well, this year it doesn't want to stick. I don't think my strips are bad because I got some new ones in a promotional give away, and you don't give away bad product in promotional give aways; that would just make people not want to buy them. I think it's just really humid and it's causing issues with the adhesive. Luckily I can get more adhesive strips tomorrow. I'm just going to wait until it's a little dryer out. Later.

PS: I was going to write my big vacation blog, but unfortunately I got distracted with unpacking. I'll do it tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment