Thursday, August 21, 2014

8/21/14

Today was pretty fun. I got caught up on One Piece, and am now working on Space Dandy. I still have Attack on Titan, Blue Exorcist, and Black Lagoon to catch up on, but I'll get it. I would have probably finished Space Dandy if I didn't have a major craving to go to the arcade and play some pinball and DDR. I did OK on pinball and did better than my skill level at DDR. The one arcade had 3 different DDR machines. On one of them I screwed up the difficulty and ended up playing crazy ridiculous fast and many beats to hit. I normally play on easy/light and occasionally do medium if the song is relatively easy, because I'm just not that great at dancing but can hold my own in gaming. Anyways, this was at the equivalent of super hard, maybe harder. At first I thought you just couldn't fail out of the song, but once I just gave up, it wasn't long before I did so bad that it failed me out of it, and I only gave up because I was getting jelly legs from playing so much and moving so fast. If I kept going, I probably would have completed the song. I was doing really bad, missing probably 80% of the beats, but that was enough to keep in the game.

After the arcade, I decided to be a mall rat for an hour since the arcade is in a mall. I went to FYE and checked out the anime to see if there was anything of interest on sale. Sometimes I get great deals there. I then went to SEARS to look at where the portrait studio used to be, and remembered going there with my grandparents to get my picture taken what seemed like every 3 weeks. If this was a movie or a TV show, you would see the memory ghosts waiting to get the picture taken and getting them taken. Then I pointed and laughed because I hated getting my picture taken; birthday pictures, Halloween pictures, Christmas pictures, thanks giving pictures, first day of school pictures, last day of school pictures, we haven't been there in 2 weeks pictures, etc.

After the mall, I went to what was once a mall but is now just a movie theater and an arcade. The theater plays last run movies, the movies that were in the major theaters, but now aren't and the ticket is only $1.50. We call it "the cheap show." I went to the arcade and played some more pinball and DDR. Then I went to the theater to see what was playing. Nothing really interested me. Here's the podcast I recorded on my drive to and from the arcade. Later

No comments:

Post a Comment