Thursday, September 1, 2011

9/1/11

Today was crazy. Absolutly crazy. First I'll start off with the beginning. We first had this diversity thing, play that had a bunch of different people and their steriotype. The clostest thing they came to representing white people was with the "redneck." With all the diversity stuff I get fed, not once do I see white people. We are people too, and we face adversity, some times.But truely, if you want diversity, have white people in adition to all the other races. They get all the politically corect terms on starndardized test things; "latino american," "African American," "Pacific Islander," ect. What do we get? White. Not caucasian, white.

Anoyed white guy done now, time to talk about lunch,ish. It was like this sampling of all these different places around campus and student organizations. I sampled a fair amount of the food. Probably shoud have had something more substancial, but oh well.

Now for the scary thing. We did this thing in the city right next to my college, a little get to know down town thing. All went well until we were waiting for the bus. One guy in our group neerly got into a fight with some random guy down town. We're all grouped together and there is no where to go, so I'm stuck there. I'm keeping my distance as best I can, but I'm stil right there. Now I've seen fights back home, but never that close without a car door or window keeping me separated. That really scared me. Luckily nothing really serious happened, but I was in shock. I couldn't speek for about an hour because there was nothing to say, or could say. I know some basic psycology so I know I should talk it out, and I did a little with a different guy from my group. Took me 9 tries to get the words out.

There were some things on money management and other stuff, but then there was Jud Laipply, the Evolution of dance guy from YouTube. He was hilarious, and I saw him in person. He gave us a talk thing, then did his Evolution of dance. Really cool. I haven't seen him do it before, but I have camp counselors.

Finally there was Mijer Mania. We had to wait 1 hour to get onto a bus. I knew I had everything I needed, but figured I'd go as something to do. Well that was today.

No comments:

Post a Comment