Sunday, September 20, 2015

9/20/15

Today was a nice day. I woke up a little earlier than I normally do Sunday. I went to church, and it was good. I watched hulu for a couple hours, then I went to the dinner I organized in memory of my friend who passed away. Basically I called ahead to a bar and grill that's close to campus and said I was having a group of 15-20 people, because that's how many we were expecting to make it in. Unfortunately some people had to cancel and we only had 9 people, but it was still a good couple of hours; but I've been there with groups before, and they're pretty good about handling over or under attendance so long as you're spending money. We shared some stories, talked about the future of our group, invited the alumni that made it to our film shoots, and signed a sympathy card for the family. One of his close friends was able to make it, and he had some good stories. He said he was going to dedicate a short film he's working on to him, even though the short doesn't really have anything to do with him or his ideas. I told him how I was going to dedicate one of my shorts to him that has some similar characters and premise to a project they were working on and I got the best friend seal of approval.

I also watched the Emmy's, and they were alright. I don't watch most of the things that were nominated, so I didn't care a whole lot. However, Andy Samberg giving out his HBO Now login was funny. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment