Wednesday, October 19, 2011

10/19/11

Not much happened. The biggest thing is my contempt for laundry. For starters I need to have about 2 hours of free time because I need to sort, get down there, get 3 machines, 1 for whites, one for brights, and 1 for darks, get all the detergent and softener loaded, wait for the laundry to to wash, transfer to dryer, then dry. Ahhhhhhh. But today yielded annoying and interesting results.

We have this thing where we can have money on our account and use that for paying for laundry. Well I was running low so I put more on. Just swipe card and select machine. Well when I selected my washer on the card swipe machine, it said I had $21, and a wash is $1.50. It said I had insufficient funds. Either there was an error in the system, or laundry has really gotten expensive. Good thing the machines have a quarter function. I had to run back to my room to get my change jar. I couldn't have just grabbed quarters because my quarters are on the bottom and I had unattended laundry down there. I fish out quarters and put them in, and remarkably, it was only $1.50, which last time I checked is way less than $21. Oh well the other machines took my credits.

Now for an annoying thing that I wish would be fixed. It seems like there's a dryer that always seems to not work. I wish there was some way of knowing which ones worked and which ones didn't. Well through luck of the draw, I chose the broken one. Ate my dollar. Damn. I really hate laundry. I miss being able to do laundry at sporadic times, and not having to worry about which machines work and which ones don't. It wasn't so bad back when I had home washer and dryer, but this laundromat like set-up sucks. Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment