Sunday, December 20, 2015

Where Have I Been



This is posted to both my Bitlanders Blog and Daily Blog.

So I have some explaining to do. I could be all “it’s my life, you’re just a bunch of internet, it’s none of your business, I owe you nothing,” but that’s a dick move, and I feel like maybe you want to know why I haven’t posted anything in over a month. I mean, I went from posting 3+ things a week to nothing. So, what happened?

Well I recently graduated from college. I had my last semester and all the fun that goes with it. It’s not like I had major projects, but more like I had major life chapter ending activities. I was finishing up that chapter of my life, and I wanted to make sure I finished it right. I’ll upload a blog about graduation in the next week, but first let me tell you about some of the things I’ve been working on.

First off, I wasn’t able to record all the PSS lets play videos I wanted to. We met like 4 times during the time we had, and during then we were only able to record for 1-2 hours at a time. Our schedules just didn’t match up, and 10 of the videos didn’t have the audio recorded so problems. You can watch our riff of Teenagers Battle The Thing for $0.50 on Dailymotion, and it was good. I’m kind of glad that our Indiegogo failed because we didn’t have the opportunity to make enough to give to people. My drying out of lets play videos is part of why I didn’t upload as much.

But that’s only part of it. Not only do I have lets plays to upload, I also had podcasts recorded and daily thing to put in the daily blog. Well, I also wanted to focus on other things IRL. With my film club I lead the initiative of “film something every weekend.” In the past we had a bad habit of not making films, even though we were called “filmmakers” in our club name. I said “this is unacceptable, we need to film stuff.” So I was working with them to make films. I’ll link them once I get them all uploaded. One of these is my masterpiece Bullying PSA/Afterschool Special. It meant so much to me that “if this was the last thing I made, I would be happy, but if I don’t make it, I will regret it for the rest of my life.” I was working hard to make that. While I had no intentions to stop what I’m doing with bitlanders and daily blog, I just wanted to put my focus on that and my school work.

Now last thing is that I just didn’t feel like uploading at the end of the day. Sure, I typically had about an hour block of time every day that I could have watched the 1 video and found a fun title, or reviewed what that audio clip was about, or what I did during the day, but I was just done. I just didn’t want to do that. I don’t really feel the need to apologize for my absence, and this isn’t an apology, but I feel like you should know where I’ve been. I’ll let you know when I get all my other projects edited and uploaded. I also have some projects that I might want to do in the future. Well, this has been Pokematic, signing off, and bu-bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment