Thursday, January 2, 2014

1/2/14

Happy day after new years. I almost went to bed before writing this. I can't believe I almost broke my resolution 2 days into new years. Anyways, today was really fun. I spent the day with my awesome nerdy cousin and aunt, and my uncle who just thinks my mom and aunt are crazy. My aunt was a pokemon league gym leader in the TCG league. That's really cool, and I didn't know that about her until she wore her official gym leader T-Shirt today. We saw my uncle's workshop and that was really cool to see an actual, professional industrial shop, not just the shops we have at my school. I tested out my Action 52 with them because they have a working NES and I still need to fix the 72 pin connector on mine. It worked, and it was awesome. AVGN was right, it is quite bad; some of the games are decent, it has a really cool opening screen, the cartridge itself is really cool with it's clear plastic and whatnot, and for such a historic game, it was well worth the $200. Unfortunately the value dropped according to price charting, but whatever. We had fun playing the bad games, maybe played 10 of the games. I tried out Cheetahmen and that was cool. After playing the Action 52, we played "Wits End," a game of logic and trivia. We played old people vs. young people. Us young people lost. Oh well. I filmed my video on the frogger instant win lottery tickets. Well, I filmed the "playing the ticket," portion. I still need to film the "second chance game" portion. But I'll do that when I get back to my dorm. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment