Saturday, August 25, 2012

8/25/12

Today was the first time my dad and I smelted and casted aluminum from scrap I was able to get off pop cans and other things. We have a small forge, crucible, some tools, char cole, and a desire to have fun melting pop cans. Since my brother went to this metal casting course, he was telling us all that we were doing wrong, and we're like, "so, it's fun."  I had probably a 5 gallon bucket full of scrap, and we melted down most of it. Now I have some cool looking blobs. Maybe I'll get around to putting them on myspace. My family engaged in our time honored tradition of watching Pooh's Grand Adventure before the begining of the school year. I humor my mom. And it's day 2 of the Hulu new lay out war. They started a discussion for us users to tell them what we don't like and how we would improve on it. This makes me happy since I started probably 3 discussions about different issues and engaged on maybe 6 others. It looks more like the netflix UI, which sucks. Netflix UI sucks, in almost every way, but the only reason people don't complain is because no comercials. I told them this, and I hope they listen, because the great UI was what kept it from being an inferior netflix copy cat. Glad they're listening, and hopefully will consider all the feedback, since the worst thing a major company can do is piss off their users, and with netflix being a good alternative, they'd better listen otherwise they'll go bankrupt. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment