Tuesday, October 22, 2013

10/22/13

Today was the first day of midterms. One in report prep, 1 in management. Read below what I posted to google plus. I had a meeting for an engineering competition. Later.


"So I just had my midterm in my management class. Really don't like this class. For starters, at least 1/3 of the lectures to date have been on stuff that wasn't on the test at all, like "the ISM network for employers that we're developing" and "how our program is so much better than other programs." That stuff is cool an all, I guess, but it's no where near 1/3 of class time valuable when it ISN'T EVEN ON THE TEST! Next, another third of the time was spent on tangents that somewhat relate to the material, but isn't on the test. So, another third of class time spent on things THAT AREN'T ON THE TEST! So in total, only 1/3 of the lecture time is spent on stuff that is actually on the test. Unfortunately, that only made up about 1/10 of the test. So where do we get the information for the other 9/10 of the test, in the reading material.
OK, so we don't have a book per-se, we get packets every class, and each class, we can expect anywhere between 25-100 sheets of paper a week, most of the time double sided, so double the number of reading materials. The amount of hand outs I've received half way through the semester is thicker than some text books. OK, now compared to some classes, it's about the same of reading material. But here's the kicker, HALF THE PACKETS AREN'T TESTED MATERIALS! Half the packets are "general information" reading, so it's a 50/50 chance if what I'm reading is on the test or not. And these packets aren't easy to read. Most of them are walls of text. I am not about to waste my time reading something that isn't on the test. I have more important things to do than "read general information," like read for other classes where the professors are nice enough to say "here are the pages you have to read, go do it."
And now just to kick me when I'm down, the necessary information that is given in class does not correspond with the necessary information in the readings. A fact, statistic, relation, etc. that is said in class is not in any of the readings, and a fact, statistic, relation, etc. that is found in the reading is not in any of the lectures.
So lets see, 7/12 of the "material" is not on the test, and the other 5/12 of the material, split into 1/6 class and 1/4 reading can't be found in the other resource, so if you missed it, you're screwed. This class is going to kill me."

No comments:

Post a Comment