Monday, October 8, 2012

10/9/12

So today I woke up and got a splinter from my bed in my right palm. It was right at the base and hurt like hell. I throw my pants on and get to the bathroom to dig it out. Those of you with weak stomacks may want to stop reading right now and skip ahead to the rest of my day. So I'm over a sink. I see that it's lodged a little deep into my skin, like under the 3rd layer. I initially try to gently coax it out but that just hurts more. So I search around in my pocket for my knife. Its a decent size splinter mind you, not one of those little tiny ones but maybe a full 16th of an inch wide at the base and 8th long. I flip open the blade and start gently making an incision. I'm getting there. Enough skin has been cut to remove it. Then I take the tip and use it to pry the sucker out. I just woke up mind you and my eyes aren't fully adjusted, so I'm doing this half blind. I see that some blood is starting to make the "work area" messy so I decide to rince it out so that I can see what I'm doing. After rincing, it's clean. Either it fell out during the prying or the rincing. Now I clean the area, and my knife, rather well. Washed with soap and hot water multiple times. Then I went back to my room to bandage it up. Still a little tender now but that's expected.

It's now safe to read again. So I got my statics text back today, 95% woot. Had diff equ. Had phys and got 100 on my quiz. Had stats. Stayed at engineering building to finish my homework and met up with some friends on the bus. One of my friends isn't to confident in his test, so he offered to buy the other fiend and I dinner if he got above 80%, dessert if above 90%, a round of lazer tag if 100%, and if somehow over 100%, tuition was on him. Strange to bet against yourself, but hey. Chalked for the Teen Mom Catelynn and Tyler event tomarrow. Should be good. Also went to my filmmakers club. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment